You may wonder why buy a diamond this way rather than just see what we buy and bring back? With a pre-sale Antwerp diamond you select the size, shape, quality and price that YOU want. We are your eyes and expertise, and go on a treasure hunt looking for the best deal on the most beautiful diamond that meets your specs. And since we know it is sold before we buy it, we work on a very small commission.
Why would we do this? Because if we know it is sold before we buy it we don’t have to take into account any normal overhead costs of putting it in our inventory. More importantly, it makes our own purchases more important in the buying offices in Antwerp, which help our negotiations.
Here are the "nuts and bolts" policies as they relate to Antwerp pre-sales:
- We will agree on a shape, plus a target size, quality, and price. We will also agree on a minimum size, color, and clarity, and a maximum price. The client agrees to accept the diamond as long as the minimum and maximum parameters are met.
- A down payment of at least 50% of the target price is required to place an order.
- No long-term layaways; the diamond must be paid for in full by December 31st.
- No trade-ins will be allowed except trade-ups of diamonds we have previously sold. We will allow our cash offer of unwanted jewelry as payment toward an Antwerp pre-sale. No store credit can be used except those derived from returns of cash sales within the last 30 days.
- Diamonds will not be available for delivery until about two weeks after returning from our trip, and are subject to possible import and customs delays beyond our control.
Thanks for checking in with us and stop back soon!